Monday, February 8, 2010

V-Day manis! Day 6: "Wandering Roses"

Good Morning Lovelies!

Wow, whata weekend!  It was -7 this morning!  It was so cold, I experienced 2 things I never had before!  The first was that my passenger side door's lock was frozen!  not the door, the lock, so I had to crawl across my car to get in this morning!  The second thing I wouldn't have believed if I hadn't experienced it myself!  We were in, Rob gave the car some gas to get going, and nothing.  We weren't slipping, weren't spinning, nothing.  He gave it some more and POP!  My tires were FROZEN to the ice in the driveway!  Yes!  So much so, he really had to give it some gas to break it free!  I was shocked!

Ok, anyway, on to today's mani!

I wasn't very thrilled with the thought of this but I knew it was Valentine'sy so I did it...and LOVED IT!

I started out with 2 coats of China Glaze "Stella"(why have I not used this before it's GORGEOUS).
Next, I broke out plate m65.
I dotted Pure Ice "Outrageous", a pink chrome, over the roses, and covered the vines in China Glaze "Passion", a gold chrome.
This looked so much better in person than in this pic!  the pink and gold stood out WAY better:
 
See?  It's hard to see what's gold and whats pink.  It wasn't in reality!

Well my wonderful readers, that's it for today!

I hope you have a fantastic day!  Stay Warm!!!

{{{Hugs}}}
Christy

15 comments:

Paige said...

That is so pretty!!!

Liz (iceomatic's nails) said...

Geez! -7?? Brrrr....

This is such a pretty manicure! It reminds me of black hills gold (I think it's called that??) jewelry.

Phyrra said...

Very pretty ;)

Beautopia said...

ooh i really like the idea of doing two colors on one stamp, so cool! love this.

polishedlyrics said...

This is beautiful! I love how girly and classic it is.

yardsticks 4 lunatics said...

Oh, so pretty! I love dotting other colors on flowers! Especially just a hint of glitter (Art/Deco)...Enough to make it stand out!

Anonymous said...

Pretty! I love the shape and length of your nails in this post!

moodpuppet said...

Oooh. Its gorgeous! Why do I not own Stella?

Jenny$1983 said...

Oh wow ... I think this has finally made me decide I NEED plate M65 ... and possibly China Glaze Stella =D

iibarrrawa said...

Really pretty. Gosh I hatee that too, when your flooring the gas peddle and car does not move due to ice. good luck in the future.

Unknown said...

so cute !!!

Brooke said...

SO cute! Love the colors you picked to use :)

Dang on the frozen tires! I can't stand ice and snow, especially if I have to operate a car on it.

jo.frougal said...

I pray you will be safe and sound through the cold weather and snow. I can't imagine surviving under those conditions. I'm a warm-weather girl all the way.
But that mani -- that should melt through thick slabs of ice! It's so hot, it's good enough to take on a Vday date!!! Congrats on the pretty!

Perles & Paillettes said...

I hate cold weather ! This week we have -6 with wind and that's just horrible.

However, your mani is so great ! You picked up perfect colors to match the pattern. I love it !

Lucy said...

That is some cold weather to get frozen like that. I really hate the cold. I just can't take it anymore. Love the manicure. Looks very Victorian to me. Love the rose pattern and the shade of polish.