Wednesday, February 3, 2010

V-Day manis! Day 3: French Roses

Good Morning Lovelies!

I hope you are all well today!  I wanted to take a second and address 2 things, before we get to today's mani...

1 - when I started this blog, I prided myself on responding to each and every one of my comments.  I thoroughly enjoyed doing it too!  Unfortunately, time has not been my friend the past few months.  And it doesn't look like it's going to get any better soon.  Work is jam packed full, and more keeps being added to my plate.  As it is, I am just barely finishing the tasks I have to do on a monthly basis, in time to start the following months "chores".  After work is about the same.  I wish I could survive on 2 hours sleep, cause then I might be able to fit in everything that I need to do on a daily basis. So, all that to say I am very very sorry.  I read and enjoy each and every one of your sweet comments!  I also visit all of your blogs, I just don't get to comments as much as I like. 

2 - Lacquered Lizard had said that she's having trouble pasting into her blog.  Hun, me too!  But I found the solution...I think.   The only way I have been able to paste into the blog post is to get my cursor where I want to paste, and then hitting the space bar a few times.  Then, click and drag over the spaces you just made to highlight them, and then do the whole, right click, paste.  That's been working for me, so hopefully it will work for you. 


OK...For today's mani I did something simple with just a touch of decoration.

I started out with 1 coat of a franken blush polish.  Then added 1 coats of Diamond Cosmetics "Sweet as Sugar", which is a iridescent glitter in a slightly peach toned base with a bit if peachy shimmer I believe.

Then, I discovered how to get that deeply curved smile line I've been wanting!  Hole reinforcements as french tip guides!  I LOVE a more curved smile line, and the typical french guides are just too straight across for my taste.  I'll show you guys how great it looks soon, since it's hard to see on this mani.

I painted the tips with 1 coats of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in whirlwind White, followed by 1 coat of Diamond Cosmetics "Diamond's Diamonds".

Then I broke out the Konad and stamped the rose design from M36 using China Glaze "Harmony", along the smile line.

That's it for today my wonderful readers!

I hope you have a marvelous day!

{{{Hugs}}}
Christy

13 comments:

serena_nuvola said...

I've just tagged you for the Best Blog Award! ;)
ps: I love your creations!!

polishedlyrics said...

Looks great dear! I love your konads!

Polish and Powder said...

that is so pretty, great idea with the hole reinforcements! I think most French tip guides are too straight as well

KONADomania said...

Gorgeous french with a twist, love it!

Unknown said...

This looks beautiful Christy! It's simple, elegrant, and Valentine's Day festive :)

I'm sorry you're so busy with work. I like to comment on everyones' blogs too, but it gets tough to write on each one. Same with responding to comments. We (your readers!) don't mind! :) We love seeing your great nail designs!

Unknown said...

It turned out beautiful!
Now stop apologizing for having a life! Love you bunches!

Phyrra said...

That looks so elegant!

jo.frougal said...

That is so pretty, Christy! As always. And let me just say, I don't expect you to comment often, I know your life is full, and it's just sweet of you to do so. But just the fact that you do these posts at all is service enough for me, as it gives so much inspiration. Thanks!!!

yardsticks 4 lunatics said...

your mani is beautiful! Just take a deep breath! :B

Tierney said...

So, I've been reading your blog for awhile but I don't think I've really ever commented before! I'm really bad about that. Anyway, I wanted to say that your blog is awesome and I love your designs. I rarely like any pinks, but I've really liked your V-day manis!

Perles & Paillettes said...

I'm totally in love with this style, it's sooo cute !

Saori said...

Simple et elegant, i love it !!! Beautiful.

Lucy said...

I love the curvier French tip. This is very pretty. Love the sparkle and the roses of course. Thanks for the apologys. They're not needed but appreciated anyway. We commenters like to know that we're read at least. I know life gets in the way. You have a very busy life with lots to do. I on the other had don't and I still don't get anything read. I'm a Facebook game addict and I'm really skipping the polish blogs.