Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Halloween Mani #3: Nightmare Before Christmas Inspired!

Good afternoon Lovelies!

Today's Halloween mani was inspired by a Christmas (...kinda...)movie, LOL

Ready to get started???   Here we go.
I was so happy with this...until I put topcoat on and it streaked!  :(
I wanted to cry!


Let's go by finger shall we...

Thumb:
          Apply China Glaze - "Happy Go Lucky" on entire finger.
Once dry, place a hole re-enforcer in the center of the nail and paint the edges that are not covered with a black polish.
Then, paint on the swirly hill using Color Club - "Pucci-Licious", and a small bush

Index:
Paint entire nail with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in "Whirlwind White"
Then, using a black striper, draw on Jack's head and fill in the outside, then paint on his facial features.

Middle:
Paint entire nail with Color Club - "Take Me To Your Chateau".
Using a small brush paint on Sally's stitches with a medium blue.  I used Funky Fingers - "220 Volts"

Ring:
Paint Sally Hansen - "Lickety-Split Lime" on entire nail
Then, using a black striper, draw on Oogie Boogie's head and fill in the outside, then paint on his facial features.

Pinkie:
         Paint Color Club - "Pucci-Licious"on the entire nail.
Using a black striper again, just paint on angled stripes!

And that's it!

I'll be back tomorrow with another simple nail design!

{{{HUGS}}}

24 comments:

L said...

This is absolutely wonderful. Awesome job, C.

Trista said...

good job. very cute

Anonymous said...

omfg that is freaking fantastic! THe boys LOVED this!

Jasmine said...

As a big Tim burton/TNBC lover, i seriously LOVE this!

Inge (PolishSis) said...

Absolutely gorgeous, love the mani and ofcourse love that movie

Phyrra said...

Love the thumb and I love jack!

Alice @ NailsbyAlice said...

super! I love the boogie man! you did it great! Don't cry, it looks good after the top coat too :)

Mistress Zombie said...

Looks fab girl! I love this movie. About this time of year my kids start watching it about every other day. Not to mention we have the sound track on in the car all the time as well. We know all the songs by heart and sing along with the movie and album.

And of course my son just asked me if I could do my nails like this. What I get for surfing the net while he is doing homework. But they do say Copying is the strongest for of flattery right? LOL.

nail crazy said...

They are just great! Specially index and ring, I love it!!!

Megan Harmeyer said...

This. is. the. awesome! Love it. I really like the Sally nail - I might be able to do that on my own. The others? Notsomuch. :)

Lovely Addison said...

i literally GASPED out loud when i saw theseeee! love it soooooo much! :D

Lucy said...

They are adorable. Your such a talented woman!

GASP Nail Art said...

i was thinking of doing a mani on nightmare before christmas too

The Beauty B. said...

What a great idea! I absolutely love this mani!

Unknown said...

Awesome! love the "nightmare b4 xmas" theme. tim burton would be proud of you.

Rachel said...

I LOVE THIS!!!! Oh my goodness. One of my favorite movies ever. And I'm so bad at coming up with my own nail art ideas, I just might borrow this one from you if you don't mind!!!

You are fabulous :)

FatChickSlim said...

I love this, love Jack! One of my fav movies.

Hook Prism Power said...

These are insanely amazing!

Zara said...

I love it! This is my favorite Halloween mani ever. :)

JQ said...

Operatic "Awesssssome!" came flying out of my mouth! Adore!

MissMidnightBlue said...

OMG, I looooove this! This is my favorite movie! I love the Jack Skellington one and the sally one its cute.

Alina Rodriguez said...

I love this! It looks so beautiful and perfect for a Halloween mani :)

Steffie said...

I love this so much. NBX is one of my favorite movies of all time. Awesome job

Unknown said...

love it...great job