Thursday, October 7, 2010

Halloween Makeup Tutorial: Mermaid

Hello Lovelies!

I am currently in Ocean City Maryland for "Endless Summer Cruisin' ", the
end of the season cruise-in!

Today I am gonna share a look I wanted to do cause I don't see it often, and
now I know why....It's HARD!
I wanted to do a mermaid look and it came out ok, but not great.
I'm gonna show you anyway in hopes that it might spark your creativity to
come up with a better version!!!



Step 1:
Apply eye shadow primer followed by a layer of white cream shadow for a
base, on the entire eye lid, lower lid and over your brows to lighten.



Step 2:
(optional) Apply a teal liner from lashline to crease, to help with color depth in the next step.
Then draw over your brows with a blue liner.



Step 3:
Apply a purple shadow the the lashlines and wing it out all the way into the hairline.
Next, apply a teal shadow from lashline to brow and onto the brow, and drag it back into the hairline too.
Then apply a seafoam green just under the brow as a highlight, and in the inner corners.
Finally, apply a medium blue into the crease and blend up for a bit of dimension.



Step 4:
Apply a blue lipstick. I HIGHLY recommend Evil Shades "Fiendish".  It's pretty much awesome!
Line your water lines with black liner and apply lashes and mascara!
(yes...yet again, I forgot a pic of this step....I suck at tutorials, lol)

Step 5:
(OPTIONAL)
Apply sequins using lash adhesive or another adhesive made for skin, in an
overlapping pattern to resemble scales.
I did this a different way on each eye, so you have a few ideas!

FISH FACE!!!!



And that's it for today my dears!

I'll be back tomorrow!

{{{HUGS}}}

15 comments:

L said...

Awww I like it. You are so cute. lol @ fish face

~Elizabeth aka Lacquered Lizard said...

cute! Love the Fish Face! It's soooo much better than Duck Face! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0ohT89flgc

Trista said...

cute. love the lipstick

Hook Prism Power said...

So pretty. I like the pic where ur hair is pulled back.

Anonymous said...

bwahahahaha fish face LOVE IT! you're such a cutieeeeee

Megan Harmeyer said...

HAHAHAHA! Love the fish face. That color turquoise is awesome.

Unknown said...

You make pretty mermaid!
*squishes fishy face*

amanda said...

lucky lady in OC, have a fractured prune donut for me <3

nihrida said...

Wow, you should do this kind of posts more often.

Lucy said...

You did a beautiful job with the makeup. I wore something like that to see Culture Club (Boy George's old group) many years ago. I got a lot of attention. I didn't have the sequins or brows. I used eyeshadow on my lips. No one had makeup like that for the general public! Love your fish face! Your adorable.

Unknown said...

this is so pretty! i love your tutorials :D

your fishy face is adorable!!

MissMidnightBlue said...

Fish face! LOL Cute tutorial I liked it. :)

Unknown said...

I LOVE the fish face!

and thank you for all the tutorials! I bow at your awesomeness =P

The Beauty B. said...

This is so pretty! I <3 it!

Unknown said...

AH!!!! The Fish Face..awesome! :P