Friday, October 15, 2010

Halloween (ish) Mani #5: Purple and Green!

Good Morning Lovelies!

Most people think of orange and black when they think of Halloween, But I also think of Purple and Lime green!
And they happen to be one of my favorite combos, so you know I had to do it!

I didn't want to do just skittles, or even a 2 toned french, but I DID want it to be simple, so here's what I came up with...

Start with a black base...I used 1 coat of Wet & Wild "Black Creme".

Next, stick a hole reinforcement sticker on the nail, really in any way you like.  I stick it so it left one side and the bottom of the nail uncovered.

Then, using EITHER the green or purple, paint the exposed area of the nail and immediately remove the sticker.  Your rhythm should be "place sticker-paint nail-remove sticker-then start next nail"
I wanted it SUPER sparkly, so I used Nubar "Violet Sparkle" and Hard Candy "Sweet P"

Next, add the alternating color to the area the sticker covered.

Finally, stick a cool jewel or rhinestone on for alittle more glitz and top with topcoat!
I used some little black holo stars I got at Sally's!

I alternated the colors on each hand so you can see what each would look like:
Please excuse the pre-clean-up pic. 
My left hand did NOT wanna cooperate and paint like an adult last night, so my right hand got alittle messy!

I also think this is sorta Mardi Gras!  What do you think Ange???


That's it for today my dears!
I'll see ya Monday!

Have a great weekend
{{{HUGS}}}

13 comments:

L said...

Cute mani. Love it.

Anonymous said...

OMFG I love thissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss! I had a harlequin mardi gras mask these exact colors as a kid. effing LOVE THIS.

Lucy said...

This is gorgeous! Would also be great for Mardi Gras. Anything wild looking would be great for Halloween.

Trista said...

Super cute and I love the color combo

The Nail Narc said...

I LOVE it!

ThRiSzHa said...

wow... love the colors.. great combi

ThRiSzHa said...

wow... love the colors.. great combi

Zara said...

I love this!

Megan Harmeyer said...

LOVE THIS!! What a great idea. I'll have to try this one soon!

The Beauty B. said...

So pretty!

Anita said...

Holy freakin' awesome Batman!!

Unknown said...

ha cool! last week I was going to do something similar - a ruffian with green (CG zombie zest) and purple (opi ink?) with a witch or something stamped on it. love it though! so cute!

Libby's Pink Vanity said...

I agree with Lucy; add some green to this and you'll segueway right into Mardi Gras. This is as cute as can be!