Monday, October 11, 2010

Halloween Mani #1: Black Widow

Good Afternoon All!

IMPORTANT NOTE:
Over the next 2 weeks I'll be posting a total of 10 mani's...
5 involving konad/fauxnad/nail art
and
5 basic mani's for those who want to keep it simple.

I also, as most all f you know, took off the acrylics in order to grow out my natural nails.
I was tempted to put on just fake nails (no acrylic) and not do any type of filing or anything (so no damage) so that I'd have a bigger canvas.  Sadly I had two tears d on my weakened tips that went down into the nailbed.  VERY not comfortable.  
So I put on some short tips, just so I'd be able to keep from catching the tears on clothes and allow more of the damage to grow out.  I didn't do ANY filing at all, so no damage will be done!

On to today's nails!!!

Start by painting all but your pinkie with red polish.  
Paint your pinkie black.
-For the ring finger, stamp or hand paint a few spiders, using black polish.
I used Bundle Monster plate BM13.
Then using a tiny brush or striper brush, paint on those red hourglass shaped onto their little bodies.

-For the middle finger, use black polish and either just the brush from the bottle, or a smaller one, and paint so that you leave a large red hourglass shape showing.

-For the Index finger, use a striper brush and draw lines radiating out from a corner of the nail, using black polish.  Then just connect using small curved lines to complete the web!

-For thumb, make a large dot in the middle of the nail, topped with a smaller dot.
Using a black striper, give your spider legs!
Then grab a tiny brush and add 2 red eyes and, of course, that famous hourglass shape!


That's it fr today!
I'll be back tomorrow with a simpler, (and better executed) design!

{{{HUGS}}}


13 comments:

L said...

This is cute but Im mad you put them damned tips back on.

Anonymous said...

omg love this for halloween but HATE those spiders. they are all over around here. we had to get rid of the kids sandbox because they took up living in the sand toys. Talk about heart failure the first time I found one.

Sanne said...

I'm an arachnophobic, but this mani looks awesome, I love it!

Megan Harmeyer said...

Another win for Halloween!! Looks awesome.

thegirlwithabow said...

I would definitely not have the patience or skill to paint all those spiders and webs on, but it looks awesome on you!

The Beauty B. said...

Oooh! I love this!!

Zara said...

I love it! I may have to attempt this...I'm sure it won't look as good as yours, though.

Esmaltha said...

Awesome nails!! I loved the spiders *-*

MissMidnightBlue said...

These look awesome even though I'm afraid of spiders. *shudders*

Serena said...

I love this, even though I'm super scared of spiders.

Trista said...

very very very cool. i think i might just have to try this or something similar

Victoria said...

Wow! I love this mani! It's hard for me to do nail art designs without making it look clumpy though =(

Kate said...

I LOVE those! The spider is awesome!