Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Mani

Good Morning Lovelies!

Today I have my Memorial Day Tribute Mani to show you!

The explanation part of this is a bit complicated, so bear with me while I try to explain the process I went through to achieve these nails.

Here are the supplies I used for all but the ring fingers.

I began with 2 coats of the Depend polish, which sadly I can't give you a number for.  I have no clue where to locate it on the bottle.

Then I broke out my Konad and used plate M62, the cow pattern.
First, using Color Club "Charity Ball" and stamping the pattern the way you normally would.
Then, using Zoya "Envy", I turned the stamp, so that the length of the stamp ran across the nail, rather than down the length.  This resulted in having to double stamp the image, which as you can see in the pictures, is quite easy with this design.
And viola ... Camo!
Now, for the Ring finger/ accent nail!
First I applies 1 coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri "Whirlwind White", my old standby!
Then I taped off a diagonal tip using masking tape.
Next I broke out my Bundle Monster plates and used the striped image from BM20 to stamp stripes on the lower half, using Konad special polish in Wine.
As you will see, I have not yet mastered the Bundle Monster plates!
Next, I took off the tape and painted the tips with China Glaze "Frostbite".
Finally I fished some star glitters out of Claire's Starstruck and stuck them on the tips.
Top it off with a coat of Seche and:
Now... If you're like me, shiny Camo is just WRONG!  So, I added Essie Matte About You:
Much better!
You can't tell from the pic, but I left the ring finger shiny.

NOW...It took a bit to figure out the camo, First I used Color Club "High Society"

instead of "Charity Ball", but it was too transparent. 
I did however, mix "High Society" with "Charity Ball" and rather liked the outcome.  So here is a comparison for ya,just so you know you have options:
Top nail is using "Charity Ball"
Bottom nail is using "Charity Ball" and "High Society" mixed.


That's it for today my lovelies!

I hope you all have a fantastic day!

{{{HUGS}}}

18 comments:

Lissa said...

This looks completely awesome! Nice job!

Libby's Pink Vanity said...

Gasp!!!

How creative!! That is so clever. Now to try and dupe it with snow camo and with some pink...you got me thinking....

I always look forward to seeing what you'll come up next with. :)

Megan Harmeyer said...

Oh, man that is creative!! I love it. Great job!

pullstrings said...

i absolutely LOVE it!! what a great tribute!

Paige said...

This is so cool, I LOVE the camo!!

Lucys Stash said...

WOW, tajk looks awesome! Nice job!


Lucy from http://lucysstash.blogspot.com/

polishedlyrics said...

great idea! I'm going to show this to my friend at work that LOVES camo!

Feline Flodin said...

Sooo nice! <3 And the number of the Depend is 172. :)

Sabina said...

I just found your blog and I'm in love - your nail designs are so creative, inspirational and fun! I can't wait for my nails to grow long and strong again, because atm I'm stuck with .. nothing, really :))
Your style is great - I also love your makeup posts :))

Can't wait to hear from you - keep it up :))
If you have a moment, check out my blog :))
xxx

Skulda said...

Cool camo!! :D

Anonymous said...

this is effing awesome! I'd never have thought to make camo like that!

Shayla said...

WOW, what a great idea! I *never* would have thought to do this. You're so creative :)

cupcakequeen22 said...

Very creative! And it looks amazing!!

Nicole said...

This is SO awesome, I just love how it came out! I have to agree with you about the matte camo, it's perfect that way!

Anonymous said...

Great idea! I love how this turned out. :)

Mary Ann said...

Awsome !!!!

Aimee said...

Completely awesome! My favorite Memorial Day manicure - you really captured the spirit and the meaning.

Lucy said...

I adore this manicure. Love how the camo came out. A wonderful tribute manicure. Your so amazingly talented with your different looks.