Friday, May 14, 2010

The Anti-Ruffian!

Good Morning Lovelies!!!

I had the hardest time figuring out what on earth to title this post!

Backwards/holo/konad ruffian?
Opposite/konad/holo ruffian?

So I settled on Anti-Ruffian!

I've been wanting to do a ruffian for a LONG time, but I wanted to wait til the mania died down.  I didn't want there to be a ruffian up on 18 different blogs in 1 day!  LOL

After getting back from the Wicked Vixen weekend, I HAD to wear DS Original ASAP!  So I slapped it on and fell in love!  Never have I seen a holo that was holo in low light, cloudy days, and incandescent light!  But this is, WOOOHOO!

I had the idea for this a while back and thought having the holo also be part of it just added to the fun!

So I started with 2 or 3 coats of OPI DS Original.

Then I applied hole reinforcements to the bottom part of the nail, leaving a nice gap between the cuticle and the sticker.  For the thumb I had to use a french tip guide.

Then I used M56 and Special Polish in Black and stamped the image at the bottom of the nail.
Peel the guides off, add top coat, clean up (better than I did) and Viola!
low-incandescent lighting

outdoors on a cloudy day!
See!  Still slightly holo!

There ya have it!  My backwards, opposite, holo, konad version of a Ruffian!


I'll be hanging out with Mom and my sister (and Rob of course) tomorrow for our Mother's Day re-do Extravaganza!  (Yes, that's what I named it!) Since we were on the road most of the day last Sunday, and my sister wasn't home from school!  


I hope you all have a fantastic day and weekend!


{{{HUGS}}}

18 comments:

Taki J said...

AMAZING... that looks great. Beyond great, it is spectacular!!!

... said...

I absolutely LOVE this.I attempted a ruffian a while back. Yeah. I didn't really think I'd go back to try it out! But this mani definitely had the wheels turning in my head! :)

yardsticks 4 lunatics said...

Anti-Ruffian....again, bad A$$!

:B
~Tiffani

Polish Hoarder said...

Love this idea! Thanks for the inspiration :)

~Elizabeth aka Lacquered Lizard said...

oooh! Great Idea! Maybe I can actually get the french tip mani stamps on straight this way! Thanks for the inspiration, I'll give this one a try! It's so pretty!

ThRiSzHa said...

love it... thanks for the idea...im running out of inspiration this past few days and this lighten me up..xoxo

ThRiSzHa said...

love it... thanks for the idea...im running out of inspiration this past few days and this lighten me up..xoxo

Unknown said...

I love it! Such a fabulous idea! You rock!

serena_nuvola said...

great idea! real effect!

Anonymous said...

effing love this! so stealin it!

Serena said...

I just tried the ruffian look a week ago and loved it. I used Wet n Wild Blue Moon with China Glaze Millenium on top.

Skye said...

I love this combo very pretty

Emma said...

i love how you added the konad! super cute!

Recalcitrant Nails said...

How freaking cool is that...I love it!

Saori said...

Very nice & great realization !

chocaddict said...

that looks really fantastic!
such a cool twist on the ruffian :)

3D Nail Art said...

OMG!!! That's sooooo hot!

Unknown said...

I am SOOOOO drooling over this one!