Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Royal Treatment.

Good Morning Lovelies!

Before I show you today's mani, I just wanted to make sure everyone knows to go over to Black Nail Polish and Lip Gloss and Vote for your Favorite Non-Mani Mani!  Yours Truly entered, but I wont beg for Votes, LOL, Just that you go vote for your favorite!  Click HERE to go straight to the entries!


Now, on to today's mani!

I don't think I have told you all, but my Momma calls me Princess!  It's been my nickname since I was tiny!  I got it because I would never leave my feet where they were supposed to go in the stroller.  I HAD to prop them up on the "lap" bar, for lack of a better word.  So yeah, Princess!  

Now, of course, when I saw there was a Konad plate with a crown, I just HAD to get it.  Oddly though, I hadn't gotten around to using it yet.  As soon as I saw the design, I knew how I wanted to use it.  Sadly when I did this this past weekend, I LOVED the concept, but hated the color I picked out once it was on the nail!  But, I'll show ya anyway!

I started out with 1 coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Whirlwind White. 
Then I applied hole reinforcements that you use on notebook paper, halfway over the cuticle edge. 
I then applied 2 coats of China Glaze "Rich & Famous" and peeled off the reinforcements. 
Next I applied 2 coats of China Glaze "glacier" to the white moon area, and 2 coats of Sinful Colors "Pink 4 Ever" to the pink area.
I used Special Polish in Black and M40, and using the smaller end of the stamper, lined up, as best as possible, the crown so it rested above the moon.

"Rich & Famous" is very deceiving.  It looks way lighter in the bottle.
I woulda LOVED this if the pink was either Magenta, or Pastel,
but that slightly coral color does nothing for me. 
Oh well, I'll try it again, I have another idea now too!

Well, my wonderful readers, that's it for today!

I hope you have a fabulous day!

{{{Hugs}}}
Christy

26 comments:

Evil Angel said...

I love it! It's a princess half moon!

Jessica said...

Very girly! You nailed this one I think!

Polish Hoarder said...

Oh, great use of the crown! I love how the curve of the Konad design matches the half moon :) And pink is so appropriate! Fit for a Princess!

yardsticks 4 lunatics said...

GUUUURL! This is a gem! I think I might have to steal, um, I mean borrow this idea!

LOVE IT!

Polish'd Cindy said...

So cute! I want that plate too!

ART OF NAIL said...

i voted for you! great job.. very creative..

joyceyjean said...

The crowns kind of look like fancy eyelashes:-)
I love the not too thick glitter. It looks just right with that pink.

gildedangel said...

That is so cute!!!!

gildedangel said...

That is so cute!!!!

rijaH said...

That is really cute.. and I left the screen coming back it actually looked like eyes shut with the lashes showing :D gorgeous :)

Kelly said...

Very pretty! Love this. The pink you used it very nice too

Kirsten said...

That is so cute! I love it!

Parisky said...

Love it! It's pink, girly and worth a princess ;)

nihrida said...

Awww...now this is just too cute!

Lily nail said...

So cuuuute !!!

L said...

I love this. That crown matches my logo for my baking business. Very Cute

Phyrra said...

I love it! So cute!

Shayla said...

You come up with the best ideas! So cute, and so fitting, Princess ;)

jo.frougal said...

You must be kidding about not liking this -- it's fabulous! So you're a powerlifter and a princess, too? Now I've seen it all! LOL!

jo.frougal said...

BTW, I voted for you because I really liked your entries more. They were complicated, more dimensional, plus the materials were really far out!

konADDICT said...

yes...cute sock puppet eyelashes....but i have young daughters, sooooooo....

Musicalhouses said...

Good luck! I hope you win! And really awesome konading by the way! I love it :)

Thess said...

Cool! Looks like shut eyes... =D

Lucy said...

Love this manicure. Looks pretty perfect to me! That's a cute story Princess.

Ayuu said...

Very cute and girly ^^

Sanna said...

that is awesome!