Monday, June 21, 2010

UPDATED(COOL NEW PIC)Hyperfest 2010 a.k.a, What We Did Saturday!

Well Good Evening Ladies!

A post from me in the evening???  YUP!  My back is wonky today so I'm not allowed to lift!  So I'm sitting here watching Rob bench, and feeling lazy and fat!  lol

SO, I decided this was a good time to get the post I intended for today up!


Saturday we decided to take our Motorcycle out for a nice ride over to Summit Point Raceway to see some friends competing in a car we (1320 Speed & Kustom, our business) donated roll cage welding on.  
 Honda VTX 1800F  
Yes, 1800cc engine!  That's Massive!
In 2006 it was the biggest V-Twin in production! (not sure if it still is)
Exhaust valves the size of a P51 Mustang!
It's displacement per cylinder is greater than a 426 Hemi!
Massive Torque monster!
Crank shaft alone weighs over 40lbs!
Can ya tell I LOVE this bike???

ANYWAY...
I'm sure alot of you have heard of the "24 Hours of Le Mans" right?  Well this race is called "24 hours of LeMons!"  LOL  The cars couldn't cost more than $500!  How fun is that!  I SOOOO wanna do this!  Alot of the cars people REALLY had fun with, so Rob took a bunch of pictures so I could share some of the really fun ones with you!  Ready?  Here we go!

This is the car Rob donated his AMAZING welding skills to!  A good friend of his is the one who put the team together.  See the 1320 Speed & Kustom sticker along the side of the hood?

Viking Ship car!

SWAT car, complete with Machine Gun on top!

No idea, but still creative!

Yet another "I have no clue" but I liked the old school Police lights on top!



Tank!

Cow car!

Afterburners!  If I remember correctly the other side has Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner.

Frog car!  How cute is THAT!


Here's a few shots of the track!
How fun would it be to drive that!?!?!?!?


There was also a Car Show goin on, and since you guys only ever get to see the hotrods, since that's all we ever go see, I thought you might get a kick outa seeing some other stuff!
Honda, baby!

ELEANOR!!!
(if you know where that is from you get bonus cool points!)
Powered by a Big Block Ford 428 Super Cobra Jet Motor, with 2 4Barrel Carburetors!
Same Engine I build for my Father-in-Law's Galaxie!

One last pic!
I saw the paint on this Air Intake pipe and HAD to get a pic...check it out!

Charcoal Holo Paint!!!!!
I have GOT to find out where they got that paint!!!

There was also Drifting, Go Kart Racing, and even a Roll Over Contest, but we got ROASTED in the sun and didn't stick around long enough to get to see it all!

That's all I got for you today my Lovelies!

Hope you have a great night!

{{{HUGS}}}

12 comments:

Amberski said...

aaaahhh- I want Eleanor- that is my dream car!! (and yes, I know where that is from, LOL!!) Looks like a fun day. Hope your back feels better soon!

Megan Harmeyer said...

How fun is that?! That bike is AWESOME!!! I'm sorry your back is bothering you - just remember: ice is your friend.

Phyrra said...

Viking Ship car is AWESOME!
I also like the paint job on the orange to red colored car? It seems almost iridescent/duochrome?

nihrida said...

LOVE your bike!

amusedPolish said...

it looks like you had fun :)

and you really should find out, where they got that chorcoal holo paint- that'll look stunning on everything :D

Anonymous said...

cool pics. the car with the 57 is from the movie animal house. :) love your nail blog!

Anonymous said...

i seriously need to live where you live....

Lucy said...

Hope your back's fee;omg better. I suffer from back pain. Not fun! I have back pathches that have Lidocaine in them. They are helpful. Fantastic cars. I love to see what wonderful imaginations people have. That bike is enormous! Must be tremendous riding that.

Feline Flodin said...

Don't know anything about cars, but the patriotic Swede in me can spot an old Volvo from across the pond! LOL

Unknown said...

LOL..the #57 car was a tribute to the car in the movie "animal house"..that HOLO paint is sick! Looks like you had a lot of fun..I love cars!

jo.frougal said...

I really enjoy how you bring this other world into my reality... ;) all these are unheard of where I live, so it's great to know all of this from someone who does it for fun and enjoys it. I can appreciate the effort and delight people get from this, another outlet of creativity and expression.

Chandra said...

Ok, I am so JEALOUS!!! Eleanor is both my husband's and my DREAM car!!! I swear that movie is one of the best Ever made simply because of that car! And I Absolutely Love your bike! Amazing! I'm a Total classic muscle car girl, so anything that "growls" (you know what I mean) grabs my attention! Love your blog by the way!