Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Mani #3: Peppermint Twist

Good Afternoon Lovelies!

Yesterday and today so far have been INSANE!!!!  which is why I am just now getting to post!

So this one is gonna be a quickie!

For this Mani, I started with 1 coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in "Whirlwind White". 
I topped that with 2 coats of Pure Ice "Platinum". 

Then I broke out the Konad, cause I knew I could never paint on nice even stripes that would make me happy!
I used M65 and used Special Polish in "Wine Red".
After I picked up the image on the stamper, I used a wooden skewer to erase the beaded looking lines.

NOW.... after I stamped the image it looked FLAWLESS!
not so much after I applied top coat!
Apparently the polish had dried enough on the stamp that it wasn't stuck down tight on the nail.  Had I realized this I could have pressed down on the nail with my finger to secure everything prior to adding topcoat.  But instead it wound up looking like this:

 
So Yeah, I was really disappointed!

I'm really sorry that this is so short, but that's all I have for you today!

I hope you all have a fantastic day!

{{{Hugs}}}
Christy

16 comments:

Brooke said...

Still looks very nice, and I am sure from a normal distance most people can't see the messed up parts. The color you chose for the base really does look like the candy, great choice!

ainos2 said...

Oh WOW! This *still* looks fantastic! It reminds me of one of those assorted peppermint candies that come in a can around this time of year!

Deez Nailz - Canadas most fabulous hand model said...

This looks really good- yo put a lot of effort into it erasing the little 'beads' - you could add a subtle glitter to it to 'hide' the flaked bits of polish♥

I hope the makers of Konad use this idea for designing new plates ( a stripe like this without the little 'beads......)

Unknown said...

That was a great idea to remove part of the stamped image to make it look more like a candy cane! I think you did a great job. It is frustrating when the top coat messes up a perfectly polished set of nails, isn't it? They still look great though, and very unique!

L said...

You did an awesome job.

Colette said...

I think it looks great! - but I know how it is that you always see the flaws in your own designs =) I think blogging helps me be less self-critical, because my readers are always ready to tell me when I'm being overly-picky!

Mary Ann said...

Your design looks like real candy canes . Very pretty !! I love it .

Paige said...

That is so cute, I love this!

Shayla said...

Holy! I cannot tell you how totally realistic this looks. I might have to start nomming on your fingernails...or just do my own version of this! :D

Unknown said...

If I was a nail biter your tips would be in great danger! It looks great!

Perles & Paillettes said...

This is very pretty, as usual !

polishedlyrics said...

It looks great! Very festive and perfect mix of shimmery and regular shiny polish, I love it!

Unknown said...

this is super cute christy! don't worry about little mistakes, you're the only one who really notices them ;) but i know, the perfectionists we all are sometimes just can't let things go, i'm totally like that too!

Polish Hoarder said...

Oh that is such a great idea (to scrape off those dang beads!)! I wish it would have turned out better for you!

Susie said...

I think it is very pretty.
Susie

Lucy said...

This is a fantastic manicure. There are those little pillow shaped peppermint candies. That's what your nails look like. Just adorable and tasty.